Wednesday 25 May 2016

Rehearsal 1 and Rehearsal 2- Film


Rehearsal 1: I started to record,using in a car park to see how it would look and if the dance would suit the poem and ways I could help my dancer improve her emotions and anger towards Slavery. 
 I wanted to see what sort of atmosphere the location would create and if I wanted to produce my final film in a car park or else where. This gave me the chance to explore and develop my ideas further.  This gave me the chance to also think about Costume and what my dancer should wear. At first I wanted her to wear my garments that I produced for my collection however I wanted the meaning of my poem to shine more than the clothing so that the public is aware of their surrounding and to be updated in regards of what happens around the world.
I realised that rehearsal 1 was not that strong as the location did not match with what I was trying to communicate but on the other hand this made me ready for the final shooting of the film and made my dancer much more comfortable and confident when she was dancing for the final recording. 



Instead I decided to do a rehearsal in one of the studio's at my university, this gained a better vibe and created a better quality when I was recording, this made my dancer much more comfortable with the space around her to create a good solid vibe of what Slavery is about. I decided to engage the dance with the round window as it created a sense of suffering and loneliness. This made the viewers have a strong vibe when they watched the video as it emotionally broke them into pieces.
I used the software Adobe Premiere Pro to help me edit the video, change the colour and add the recording. This gave me the chance to explore and learn new aspects of a software that I have not used before. I have added a screenshot of the editing process to show that ,I was the one who edited and produced the film. 


No comments:

Post a Comment