Sunday 29 May 2016

Photography Shoot of FInal Collection

I will let the garments speak to you and create a sense of feeling of what I am trying to communicate and show to the public. 
In Image 1 and 2, I used Plastic Bin Bags for the bodice of the jumpsuit to create a poor look and before the colour blue, red was an expensive pigment that only the wealthy could afford so thats why I created the bottom trousers out of royal red fabric.  
In Image 3 I created an Apron to show that Slaves are servants, they have to choice of how to dress, they have to wear tacky garments with frayed edges to show how less of a value they have. I based this on the colour blue to make it vibrant and meaningful, I used scissors to cut the edges of the side and the neck hole to create a sense of breeze. I styled this with grey trousers that have an elastic band on the top of the waist so that the slave is comfortable and able to do their duties but also looks poor and worthless. I chose the colour Grey as its a dull colour and has a lacking interest, I left the bottom edges of the trousers very un tidy and muddled to create a sense of Poverty. 
In Image 4,5,6 and 7 I experimented with fabric dye and started to tare calico into strips to create an illusion of different blue tones, I decided to stitch it on the bottom of the crop sliver metallic top to create movement and sexiness, I styled this with Royal Blue Culottes and added an elastic to the waist and torn bottom edges to therefore show a feeling of forced construction.  
In Image 8 and 9 I settled both of the models together on set to create a sense of friendship and just because ' I am a slave' does not mean I cannot have a friend. I was influenced by the film " The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" to create a image of two innocent people that do not deserve to be slaves. This is why my models are white as I am reversing the content of how it used to be back in the days into how it would be like if the white was treated like slaves. Two best friends who has dreams for their life but cannot be fulfilled because they are slaves.
In Image 10 and 11 I designed a top with one long sleeve and one short sleeve because I wanted to show how brutal Slavery was back in the days,that Slaves was beaten with weapons that made their clothes torn and ripped because of how different they was compared to the white. I styled this with matching grey trousers with an elastic waist to show how vicious and harsh Slavery was. 
I therefore finished my Shoot with four final outfits that related to Slavery.  

Image 1 
 Image 2 
 Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
 Image 6
 Image 7
 Image 8
Image 9
 Image 10
Image 11