Monday 25 April 2016

FINAL MAJOR PROJECT: Week One

During the first week of Final Major Project I done some research in Regards of Slavery as thats something that I wanted to develop my knowledge within.  So I gathered as much research as I possible could that could gain me the ability to understand why slavery happened and how it made others feel when they were in the situation. This was the chance for me to experiment with my ideas and to look at different ways that I could gather information such as attending museums, talking to people who has seen slavery happen in other countries than the UK and to also get a member of the family to treat me as a slave so I can have a feel of the duties that need to be done and if not then I have to face the consequences. I made my mother make me her slave. I cleaned for her, I washed the dishes, I chopped the vegetables, was the servant for the evening, when something dropped on the floor I was the one to pick it up. I was lost and felt like I had no value or worthy this made me insecure and damaged inside. it made me want to cry and not be surrounded by anyone or breath a word to anyone as it made me physically and mentally stressed and insecure. But this is how I felt in the one day I was a slave so imagine how slaves in other countries feel and how much its worse for them then it was for me. I wrote a poem that made me vision Slavery in a better way and for me to get my message across, I recorded myself. I recorded this verbally so I can create a sense of feeling when the public listens to my tape. Through the way I talk and the way I exaggerate.

Poem: I am just a Slave

"She is hitting me, she is attacking me and she's not allowing me to be who I'm meant to be. She makes me cry and she makes me pray. I want to see my children but that is not okay. I clean for her, and I am still kind to her. I am just a slave."



No comments:

Post a Comment