Monday 25 April 2016

FINAL MAJOR PROJECT: Week Two

During the first day of my FMP project, I tried to help myself understand what slavery means and how I can define it to myself. I was inspired by the theme slavery, looking at poverty and how the atmosphere gradually changed during a period time of their generation .Africans was taken from their homes and was not given nothing, they had to forget their past to be someone else’s slave. Slavery is brutal and horrible no matter where your from,you should never be a slave for anyone. The exhibition made me look things in a different content and realise the damage it done to individuals and how much their lives was in risk. Their was stories written in books, letters written to members of the family, weapons used to harm slaves and people who had no self concern towards others action. I am so heartbroken that Racism was such a huge topic that not much people cared towards, it was mostly towards the ‘black’ as they were not wealthy and didn't have a value like the ‘white’ people. It has brought upon action that your skin colour has to be used to describe an individual and this is what officially started racism which then leaded to Slavery. 
The following was banned:
“you will not keep your children, you cannot keep your name,you will be sold,you cannot speak your own language,you will be beaten, you will not leave this place, you will not make music, you wont have no rights and you will not be free “ 






Blue is an expensive pigment  but was only warn by the wealthy this gives them stability and ownership within their society.
I want to reverse the roles of how slavery was looked at within clothing by putting them in bright colour clothing such as blue to represent their hard work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment