Wednesday 9 March 2016

Personality Project

Personality Project:

For the Personality Project I brought objects in that meant a lot to me such as Islamic Praying mat, Music Book, Child hood Toy, Award from High School and my mini Iron.

From these 5 objects that is very personal to me I had to cut it down to my top two and revolve my work around it, so I decided to choose my Praying mat and Music book. I started of by doing mood boards and showing why these two objects meant a lot to me, I made it personal by adding childhood photos and done quick design developments that would help others see my work the way I see it.

I started placing acetate on the top of my childhood photo and started writing why it is an important image to me and why for example the arms and the way I was placed or sat on the mat is important for a muslim girl, why my hair needs to be covered and why I need to wear baggy clothes.



I wrote quotes in Arabic that has a lot of meanings and truth towards it and why muslims believe that its important to have a clean and true heart, this is also by praying. I wanted to revolve my project around this because their is not a lot of personal beliefs shown through fashion.

I designed a collection that related to my object,praying mat and Islamically I designed covered garments to respect the religion but also show my interpertations of my personal object, I added fabric swatches and also showed my knowledge of colour and texture.


My second personal object was my Music Book this was because I have a real connection with music as this is something I engaged with from a young age.  By Playing the Violin for 7 years of my life, I learnt to accept the warmth and passion music brought for me. 


I decided to make my designs more conceptual and crazy, in terms of my illustrations and designs. I connected it to my object and worked around with it in terms of colour and style. I made sure that each detail had some sort of style with it .



No comments:

Post a Comment