Wednesday 9 March 2016

Shapes (holiday project)

Holiday Project: 

During the Christmas Holidays I decided to create my own holiday work, to keep myself engaged and occupied with new research and ideas. I decided to relate everything in regards to shape and form as thats something I didn't get to do during my projects on my foundation course.

I started of by doing a mood board and adding a layer of acetate on top of my research to draw on and to write quick notes on.  I started to do lots of design Developments that I connected to shapes and form and started to work around my idea.


I worked on the stand to show my development and my ideas, I used fabric to create the bodice, cut  table mats to create detail on the neck or on the bottom, I used paper to create shapes and zips to create an illusion of style. I took many pictures and worked around different developments on the stand until i got comfortable to work and express my passion and knowledge.


I started to design and create weird and odd shapes throughout my illustrations and work. I wanted to create a sense of style and attitude that has not been expressed before and also trying different colours and layouts that I thought worked. 


My final piece was based around constructive and block designs, thinking about colours and what colours would suit best beside each other. I did not want to do a final line up as I thought to express my knowledge of form and shape is to bring it out on my page so you can see what my aim was. 


No comments:

Post a Comment