Friday 19 February 2016

Lumela (Live Designer Project)

Live Project:



My industry project was based on re creating a tailored suit collection for Designer “ Lumula Nassuna“ of her Autumn/Winter collection. I had  three days to do research, design, develop and produce a back and front of the garment. I firstly looked at her website and got an idea of what sort of garments she designs and what sort of colours she uses. I then started to do research based on artists and designers that can influence me to create  work for her collection. I was inspired by Frida based on the colours she used and Coco Chanel based on the tailoring and pattern pieces of the garments, this made me excited, so I gathered all my information and created a mood board using acetate to place on top, to do annotations and designing the outline of what I was inspired by. i created A3 collages and used the same techniques with the acetate.  This then helped me to do quick trouser,blazer and shirt sketches so it increased my ability of doing quick sketches and also keeping record of my designs, I continued doing this on various pages to get a clear idea of my interoperation of Lumula Nassuna’s designs. 


I then selected a bit of everything from my design development board and created a pencil line up and chose two out of six designs that I continued working with, this helped me to do colour experimentation and therefore I completed my two final design  back to front using colours that was 
similar to Lumula Nassuna’s collection. One thing I focused on was making the stitches obvious on the garment and creating a reaction towards the garment.