Wednesday 30 September 2015

Fashion Promotion 14th - 17th September 2015 -NOTES - Week Three

Fashion Promotion "Be Full Of Life Everyday" 
I had a couple of days to create a fashion film based on anything fashion related. my tutor 'Seb' started of teaching us the basics so we understood the processes of film.

Planning
Planning/Script/Storyboard

Shooting
Camera/Sound- Recording DSLR Camera

Editing
Video Editing Adobe Premiere PRO

You are selling a product, telling a story make it engaging to the audience

Setup/ Pay Off
"The quickest way to a mans heart is through his chest" - Roseanne Barr

Q: "The quickest way to a mans heart is?
Expectation: through his stomach
Answer: through his chest
Twist: chest

Idea: a women must not serve a man and she must fight his tyranny

Setup
Setup expectation - Archetype

Situation
Character/ Characterisation > outfit >makeup>look

Pay Off
Twist: surprise/emotional satisfaction + controlling idea

From Pay Off To Setup
controlling idea: what does your product offer specifically?

Set up a different expectation for your product {if you can}

File Management

Media Files
How many shots you have done/ clips is called Media Files

Steps:

New Project
Create main project folder
Copy the DSLR clips to main project folder
Open premier
Click on scratch disk and make sure it says "same project folder"
Ok
File
Export
Media

New Sequence
1080p 25

VI- Video Channels
AI- Audio Channels

When you open it on media drag it to the project file.
Mark in where you want it to start from
Mark out where you want it to end

Format
H.264/ preset: match source high bitrate

I decided to do a film based on MAC COSMETICS  as their was many ways to promote it through style, identity and image. I didn't have long to do it but I decided to do it independently and start planning and taking notes in terms of my ideas.

The latest colour of the month is "Burgundy" so I chose "Diva" from MACS collection and located my film around it. I didn't know how to start off as I have never done Fashion Promotion so I had no idea how to start and what was the right or wrong answer.

In the end I progressed as an individual exploring the Adobe software and being my own tutor in helping myself understand certain aspects in 2 days. I got one of my friends to model for me as I thought she would be the best person for the role,I used my home as the location for the film and within 2 hours I done many clips and retook many scenes until I got it right.

I was very nervous In getting the whole assignment wrong as everyone else either had a partner or was in a group of 3,so it wasn't so difficult for them as a group to complete the task because their was many different opinions going around where therefore I was on my own it was a bit more challenging in completing the task.

I put 100% of my effort within the task as it made me more independent than other students and I learnt a range of techniques and skills that I didn't know before which made me confident and willing to use Adobe Premier again on my own with the notes I took during "Sebs" lesson.

I was happy with the outcome I produced as I learnt a range of different ways of using the software and it gave me the chance to make my ideas come to life and make it real. I thought about the Colour of the film, the angle of the camera, the way the model was moving and expressing her emotions and the style of her entire look and making it click with the background set.

One thing I wanted to create within the film is a friendly feeling, I wanted it to be a warm film which makes everyone comfortable and doesn't only aim at high end wealthy customers.

I wanted to make it more engaging to the public by creating a slogan I thought would match my film and give it a personality, I came up with "Be full of life everyday" as not all women are confident in terms of their image or maybe just in terms of the fact they don't have that much money
to spend on making themselves look beautiful. I chose this lipstick to show that life can be amazing only if you make it happen, by wearing this lipstick you will feel better and come back to life because your features are incredibly beautiful and no one else will look like you.